Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
Our Tech Stack
We're moving our legacy frontend tech-stack of CoffeeScript, JQuery and Gulp to a more modern Webpack, React and Redux package. Our frontend code sits on top of a Python, Tornado and MySQL backend. Some our projects are hosted on Google App Engine others are in Kubernetes, and CI/CD is managed by Jenkins.
What we're looking for
Nice to have skills
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
We're ideally looking for a candidate who can work from our offices in London, but are willing to consider:
- Someone in the commuter belt who would come in to the office 2-3 days per week, and work from home the remainder of the time.
- Send a brief cover letter and a CV
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.