Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of one of the World's most highly valued fintech, and your work will impact the lives of our millions of users.
We are now opening the doors to a new major engineering hub in Toronto and are looking for software engineers to be part of our exciting journey. We are initially hiring developers to work on the Klarna App, with positions in numerous teams working on the shopping experience, store integration, data driven features, and the core architecture and foundations of our app platform. Help us make shopping online even more smoooth!
What you'll get to do:
- Build and maintain client side features, React components.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day and native app releases every week.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you.
- Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Sets gold standard for quality and maintainability
- Leads work that affects complex systems and mission-critical areas
You should have:
- Highly experienced with React (and/or React Native) with Redux
- Experience with native iOS or Android development.
- Experience with product development.
- A passion for writing clean and testable code.
- Experience with Agile practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery).
- Experience with scoping and implementing highly complex and lengthy projectsExperience with designing and implementing systems addressing security, privacy and compliance concerns in a deliberate and methodical way
Some of the technologies we work with:
- React + React Native with Redux
- Node.js and Express.js
- REST API and GraphQL API
- Internal design system
- AWS, Splunk, Datadog, Jenkins and Docker.
What we can offer you:
- Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive XX days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We offer relocation support to Toronto.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in contributing back to the open source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.