Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a new team member to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by salespeople with 750+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
To be successful as a Developer at Marco you should have a sound knowledge of software engineering as well as excellent analytical skills in either front end or back end development. If you are a full stack developer covering both .Net and REACT that’s even better!
Our Developers work independently or as small teams on projects based on the available skill sets needed to complete a project successfully. Marco has a Principle Engineer to help scope, design, and guide architecture for all projects but encourages developers to share ideas on how to tackle a given problem/project. You will work with our Business Analyst team to review project scope, requirements, and business outcomes. You will assist the Business Analyst team to develop timelines, estimates, DevOps user stories, tasks, unit tests, validations and other requirements to successfully complete the project and desired outcome.
Our development team works on a large variety of projects. Here are a few project examples:
- Develop an API with role based OAUTH authentication that connects to multiple internal systems and allows for retrieving and write-back of data to those systems leveraging API’s or SQL Stored Procedures.
- Develop a Web application to input customer data. The data is then validated and synchronized to numerous back end systems. Develop workers to ensure data stays accurate and synced across various business platforms.
- Consume data from multiple API sources, place the data into a SQL database for our Business Intelligence group to model and make reports/dashboards for our business units to make decisions from.
- Develop a Web Application to front end systems to minimize licensing costs for view-access to data in those systems.
At Marco, you will get to work independently and as a Team depending on assigned projects. Small projects are often run independently by the developer with the Development Supervisor/Principle Engineer and medium/large projects are managed by our Business Analyst and Project Management Teams with our Development Supervisor and Principle Engineer.
- Apply in-depth technical knowledge to develop applications across one or more technology areas (web applications, APIs, web services and application database integration)
- Plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly available applications
- Leverage Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines and repos
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology concepts
- Provide analysis of software, code, requirements, metrics, and risk for projects assigned
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects in projects
- Be a strong collaborator with domain subject matter experts, application architects, and senior development team members
- Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design.
- Experience in development of API’s, micro-services, and/or web services
- Expertise in web services development including (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON)
- Data background in Microsoft SQL programming (database design, query optimization)
- Be able to self-learn, research, and adopt new and emerging technologies to provide solutions to specific needs
- Communication skills are paramount as the Application Development team is often reliant on other teams and partners to understand desired outcomes for projects/tasks
- Should have experience working with industry standard version control system technology (Git/Azure DevOps) for change, release, and deployment of software packages on a distributed web-based environment.
- Azure DevOps Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience creating, integrating, and using Cloud platforms and products (Azure, Docker, SSO, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.
To apply (and to learn more about what makes us great), visit: www.marconet.com/careers