Extra is a consumer finance company on a mission to reinvent everyday banking tools for the next generation. Extra's first product, Extra Debit, is the first debit card that lets you build credit history and earn up to 1% back everywhere you swipe. The goal is to help eliminate the $1T in national credit card debt from fees and interest charges. Extra Debit lets you get the best parts of a credit card while rewarding you for using the money you actually have.
(We couldn't believe this didn't already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down To Shop, Try Not To Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms like Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a talented Senior React Native engineer, with a rich experience and obsession with multi-platform mobile development, optimization, pipelines, integrations, functionality, for scale. You'll play a critical role in establishing foundations, and supporting the mobile team with shipping features in an optimized and scalable fashion.
If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of enriching lives, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Iterate and improve the structure and maintainability of our React Native codebase
- Optimize existing code, features, components on a deep OS level, both on iOS and Android
- Advise and direct technology use, be up to date on the latest and greatest of the React Native community
- Work on providing a solid foundation to prototype and ship fast upon
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Work closely with our core teams design and build ideas, in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Basic Requirements
- 4+ Years of React Native Experience
- Worked on large scale collaborative projects
- Experience with optimizing native performance on a low OS level
- Strong CS fundamentals, organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills with technical and non-technical team members, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Self-driven ambitious personality
- Plus: lead or managed teams of engineers before
- Plus: experience with Reanimated 2, MobX
- Plus: has contributed to major open source libraries
- Plus: great debugging skills
Not your role, but passionate about what we're doing? We'd still love to hear from you. Extra is always looking to hire exceptionally talented people who want to help change the future of wealth creation.