Front End Software Engineer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
We’re looking for a front-end engineer to help us to build best in class web applications. We develop with TypeScript React with Apollo against a Go driven GraphQL backend to create delightful user experiences - while still maintaining a high standard for the basics of our compiled HTML and CSS.
This is a chance to have a real impact, where your contributions make a difference and you will have input into the way code, culture and product are built at Vidsy.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working inside a cross-functional agile team to create amazing user experiences.
- Coding thoughtfully crafted, reusable web components using React, TypeScript and Apollo Client.
- Advocating for front end development best practices to ensure we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
- Helping shape the applications we produce by being involved every step of the way. From initial architecture to design reviews to build - you will be expected to contribute your expertise as we further enhance the Vidsy platform.
- Staying on top of new web technologies, libraries and services - and helping make a case for using them when we find one that will take us to the next level.
- Providing valuable feedback on pull requests from other Engineers. Asking questions about implementation details and providing better alternatives where appropriate is part of our development culture.
- An appetite for creating products that inspire and enable users. From both an accessibility and a UI/UX implementation perspective.
- Nice to have: An active interest or experience in programming with TypeScript. All our front-end products are TypeScript now so you’ll be using this day-to-day.
- Nice to have: Experience with any of the following technologies is also a plus: Apollo (or GraphQL in general), Jest/react-testing-library, styled-components, WebPack, Babel and Storybook.
Our 'Virtual-First' Approach
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.