Apply for this job
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
Software Engineering at Drop:
Engineering is at the core of Drop’s ability to scale. We strive for automation, intelligence, and simplicity in all of our products and infrastructure.
We are responsible for continuously processing hundreds of millions of financial transactions while delivering a polished and engaging experience for users. Our product challenges span across both the consumer space (B2C) and the retailer space (B2B).
Our approach to development and collaboration welcomes engineers whom are full stack and/or specialize in a particular domain (frontend, backend, data, etc). We operate at all levels of the stack: building mobile-first apps with technologies like React Native to deliver elegant UIs, scaling highly parallelized APIs and banking integrations to get a 360-degree view of user spending habits and share of wallet, developing data infrastructure to deliver insights and enable the business to efficiently drive impact, and more.
As an Engineering team, we value code quality, testability, scalable engineering design, and continuous process improvement. We leverage modern technologies, such as React Native, Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Redshift, Docker, Kubernetes, and more. We maintain an efficient development environment to keep productive and rapidly innovate. Our key collaborators are product managers, designers, and other stakeholders (marketing, business development, customer support) who partner as entrepreneurial peers on a daily basis.
You can learn more about our Engineering team's work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. As a Frontend Engineer at Drop, you’ll be responsible for developing, deploying and supporting impactful product features used every day by our growing user base. You will also be a pioneering member of common infrastructure initiatives like adopting new coding patterns, exploring tooling improvements and further developing the Drop Design System
What kinds of challenges will the Senior Frontend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Building reusable components for our React Native consumer app
- Providing input during feature planning sessions, throughout development, during and after shipping features (end-to-end ownership of features)
- Working closely with other Frontend Engineers and the Backend Team on architecting scalable, performant features for end-users
- Communicating across teams with various stakeholders while developing features
- Offering technical and interpersonal mentorship to engineers across the horizontal
- Leading various tooling and process improvements worth adopting
- Leading any opportunities for refactoring code to be more performant and/or maintainable
- Participating in rotating common duties like bug fixing, release cycles, on-call rotations etc
What you bring to the table.
- You have a high bar for code quality and maintainability, write performant, clean code using engineering best practices, and encourage these habits and standards across the engineering horizontal
- You have strong communication skills and are focused on solving the problem at hand
- You have a strong interest in mentorship, learning, and growth
- You have a strong product mindset, and care deeply about how end-users interact with features
Bonus points if:
- You’ve worked on a consumer-facing app before
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have relevant post-secondary education - traditional or non-traditional (degree, bootcamp etc), or equivalent work experience. Startup experience is a bonus. Drop welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity
- You’re passionate about the consumer loyalty / fintech space, and have an interest in making users’ lives better and more rewarding
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Unlimited time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.