Apply for this job
Do you want to help revolutionise corporate training and truly help democratise learning? Come join our team of passionate people on a mission to be the world's most loved mobile training platform! Along with our sister company SafetyCulture, our goal is to reach 1 million monthly active users in the next 3 years and ultimately enable millions of people around the world to have access to learning to do their best work.
Check out the story here.
But wait, what is EdApp?
EdApp is a world-leading mobile training platform with an integrated authoring tool, delivery app, rewards & analytics - all designed for today's digital habits so that organisations can up-skill and train their employees in rapid time. We are customer obsessed and our customers love us (Don’t just take our word for it - check out the reviews yourself).
We are part of the SafetyCulture group, an Australian tech unicorn valued at AUD $2.2 billion, who are backed by the same venture capitalists who have invest in Atlassian, Canva, Spotify, Etsy, Facebook, Slack and more. With 50,000 lessons completed on EdApp everyday, we are in the exciting stages of scaling and establishing ourselves as the go-to platform for training worldwide.
We have a diverse, humble and progressive company culture, with offices in New York, London, Manila and Sydney. Watch this video for a snippet into life at EdApp.
EdApp is truly a large scale global platform, with up to 60,000 lessons being completed on EdApp every day across the world, our goal is to reach 1 million monthly active users in the next three years. You’ll have the opportunity to work on complex problems that impact people globally and would be joining a growing team of 35+ engineers split between offices in Sydney and New York City, operating in product-led teams.
We are specifically looking for a Software Engineer skilled in the react eco-system, to join our Author team. The Author team's mission is to deliver a delightful journey from signup to creating content. As a Software Engineer at EdApp, you will be a part of a high-performing team who own their services and will be trusted to build and improve a core part of our platform that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future.
Day to day responsibilities:
- While no day is the same you can expect your day to day activities will consist of hands-on software development where you will write clean, clear code in React, React-hooks, Redux, and Typescript.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other engineers, designers, product managers to deliver new features and functionality on time to our customers all over the world
- Ship frequently! We’re a scale-up, we move fast
- Bring new ideas to the table on how we can improve the platform - from new feature development, process improvements and product suggestions.
- Participate in agile processes by interpreting user stories & implementing them in our platform.
- Analyse business needs and implementation approaches to deliver high-quality applications
- Help us collectively drive and increase our monthly active users!
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in front end technologies, highly comfortable with React, Redux and Typescript. Bonus if you’re familiar with react-hooks.
- You write clear, concise and maintainable code that you are proud of, and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable doing that in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You lead by example. You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results. You might still be developing your leadership qualities, but you aim to inspire the people around you
- You are customer obsessed. You engineer with a customer-centric mindset and have strong empathy for customers journey’s and experiences.
- You love to teach as well as to learn. You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow
- You have a start-up mindset. You thrive in fast-pace, often ambiguous environments, and take initiative in order to be able to identify possible problems before they arise and identify potential solutions
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and are willing to get to know your teammates for more than just their code
What we can offer you:
- Up to 4 weeks PTO
- Highly sought after benefits package including Dental, Vision, Medical + 401K
- Flexible working arrangements
- A unique opportunity to join an early stage tech company, operating within a more established tech unicorn that is pre-IPO
- We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you will have the chance to work on solving complex problems, that impact learners and users worldwide
- Join a company with an awesome culture - we pride ourselves on our 5* rating on Glassdoor
- A very generous employee share scheme option plan so you too can benefit from the success
- Become part of the SafetyCulture family and enjoy all the perks that come along with being voted the 4th best place to work in Australia and Best place in UK like chef cooked breakfast and lunches
- Our parental leave policy is 16 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers so our teams can take care of what matters most.
- Generous employee assistance program
- Subsidised fitness and health membership
Differences make us better. At EdApp, we truly value a diverse workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all of our people are supported and inspired to make their mark.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with any information that you think would be useful for us to know about you! Please make it personal and relevant to the role. We look forward to hearing from you.