Sentaca has been providing high quality advice, services and solutions to the mobile and telecommunications industry since 2000 and we have firmly established ourselves as a trusted partner to our clients. With our strong mobile services background as our base, we have recently begun building practice areas in the new and exciting areas around software solutions, cloud-based solutions, video and IoT! Come grow with us - we're always looking for individuals who thrive on playing with new technologies and learning about new trends.
How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team designing, creating and improving a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, solving complex problems and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
We are looking for a senior front-end developer with some UX design experience who is able to understand our client’s business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as to be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The developer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the solution, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
What You’ll Do
- Working on-site with our team and customers (including traveling to client premises as required within the GTA). Please note that we are currently following current COVID-19 best practices as established by the Ontario government, and the team is currently all working remotely.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers;
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps;
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like;
- Prepare and present design ideas to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness);
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback;
- Adhere to customer’s digital design standards on fonts, colors and images;
- Interface with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner & other developers on the team;
- Ensure that the code you’ve written functions as designed by creating automated unit and integration tests, which execute in a continuous delivery pipeline;
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship;
- Provide timely and actionable feedback as a part of the peer performance review process;
- Assist Sentaca recruitment by participating in the interview process as a technical interviewer when required and/or providing feedback on job descriptions to the People & Culture team;
- Contribute to the Sentaca Knowledge Base by creating, editing and sharing documents and materials about projects, best practices and/or relevant technology as discussed/determined with the Director of Software Solutions;
- Participate in strategy and ideation sessions related to software specific initiatives;
- Participate in industry events as a subject matter expert or in a professional development capacity to keep abreast of industry trends and best practices.
Must Have Skills/Experience
- Experienced and comfortable with taking on a leadership role within the team;
- Experienced with state management for React
- Experienced with NodeJS, NPM package management;
- Proficient with web mark-up including HTML5 and CSS3;
- Strong knowledge and experience with wireframe tools;
- Familiar with user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns;
- Good understanding of web applications and their components (sessions, cookies, etc.)
- Familiarity with Rest APIs;
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial requests and AJAX;
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins or Gitlab CI;
- Completely fluent in English language both written and verbal at a professional level (this is a client facing role);
- Experience in Agile development and familiarity with sprint planning, demos and retrospectives.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Experience migrating from AngularJS to ReactJS;
- Experience with Bootstrap and custom component building skills;
- Experience with React Hooks and functional React components;
- Experience with Typescript;
- Familiar with web and experience analytical tools;
- You have some experience in an Agile environment using TDD (Test Driven Development);
- Significant preference given to individuals who love playing with new technologies and learning about new trends in the technology world.
Diversity our Strength
Not just the slogan of our beautiful City of Toronto - our small Toronto team of 45 people boasts a diverse mix of team members from over a dozen different countries and a variety of backgrounds and we truly believe that this makes our company stronger.
Diversity spans across a range of differences including in experience and opportunity, and if you are unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still want to encourage you to apply. We are looking for candidates who have some experience, but we also know that not everyone has had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a curious mind, you’re a team player and you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment and learning new technologies quickly.
Sentaca welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that due to the nature of the work we do in the telecommunications space, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.