Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
In this role you will be responsible for building the next generation of user experiences for our award-winning Canoo web platform as well as building the fleet management systems for our connected vehicles. Attention to detail and dedication to providing high-quality, stable delivery are essential as we aim to be best in-class in this emerging market. Since you will collaborate directly with backend, design, and product teams that help create the shared vision for our digital product, you will have an opportunity to heavily influence functionality related to our connected vehicle. In addition, you will directly work on applications that will be highly visible as the passion for electric vehicles continues to grow around the world. We love folks that are aware of risks, but not scared by them, and value planning, progress, and delivery over everything else.
- Architecting new features for our internal and consumer facing web applications with an exceptional intuition for good user experience
- Closely collaborating with design, product, engineering and marketing teams to gather requirements and discuss features
- Designing frameworks and tools to empower our hardware and software engineers to further development on the connected vehicle
- Education Level: Not mandatory
- >2 years as front end developer
- Tailwindcss and Material-UI
- Create React App and NextJS
- At least 2 years of professional experience in front-end focused software development
- Understanding of cloud concepts and hands-on experience integrating services using a public cloud stack (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity building applications with mobile-first and responsiveness
- Demonstrative knowledge of client-side performance tuning
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Experience working with Design Style Guides
- Experience with data visualization using D3 or Victory or any popular graph library
- Experience with A/B Testing, Analytics or Monitoring frameworks
- Experience with Server side rendering
- Understanding of different database paradigms with Hands on experience using DynamoDB
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.