About The Role and Your Impact:
We're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer with experience building highly scalable systems to join our growing Engineering team at Emotive. In this role, you will work closely with members of the engineering and product teams to deliver against our ambitious product roadmap as well as have direct impact on the products and features you'll be building. We're a small but nimble team and are looking for candidates who thrive in an autonomous environment, with experience shipping products quickly and iteratively.
Our tech stack is composed of Python/Django and React with everything hosted on AWS, and we're always looking to implement the latest technologies to improve upon our platform.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment where your work will make a direct impact as we continue to scale, this would be a great fit for you!
How You Will Contribute:
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Work alongside and effectively coordinate with other engineers on the team
- Come up with procedures and frameworks to avoid technical debt
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Help other engineers excel in their job and in their careers
- Create amazing things that scale!
Skills You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of React experience and solid understanding of some of the more current features (e.g., hooks, context)
- 3+ years of CSS including experience working with CSS modules, and at least one kind of CSS preprocessor (e.g, PostCSS, Sass, Less)
- 3+ years of HTML
- Experience writing unit tests for both functions and components
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- TypeScript 1+ years
- A working knowledge of React state management solutions, along with the purpose and trade-offs of each solution
- Experience working with TailwindCSS
- End-to-end testing experience, using Cypress or Selenium
- Micro frontend experience (e.g., module federation, single-spa)
The Emotive Story
At Emotive, our vision is an internet that is more human. Since our launch in 2018, Emotive has become the product of choice for over 500+ eCommerce companies to drive more sales and build more personal relationships with customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in Los Angeles. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a product people absolutely love!
Diversity & Inclusion at Emotive
Emotive is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.