Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What’s a Sr. React Native Engineer?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior React Native Engineer will work collaboratively with the larger Product and Engineering team to further develop the Clearcover iOS and Android apps.
As a company, we take immense pride in being able to engage with our customers in a modern, thoughtful and transparent way. Based on usage and customer satisfaction, we think we’ve done a pretty good job with our mobile application. We have plans for the future and are looking for incredible engineers to help us get there.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with UX designers, Product managers and teams to deliver a high quality product for our end customers
- Write clean, well tested and documented code primarily in React and Typescript; deliver team’s goals on time in coordination with the team
- Proactively identify, document and communicate industry best practices, new opportunities to improve front end code and apply as appropriate
- Design, build and maintain our React Native iOS and Android apps and custom native modules in TypeScript, Objective-C and Java
- Determine right technical solutions while keeping customer needs in mind and leveraging input from product stakeholders and UX designers
- Identify the right solutions to ambiguous, open-ended problems that require tough prioritization
- Work with the engineering and product team to help bring the features on our ambitious roadmap to life for our customers
- Provide quality feedback on designs and code written by other members of the team, ask probing, insightful questions that solidify choices and surface erroneous assumptions
- Own production triage process and be able to quickly determine root cause of an issue spanning across multiple components and systems
What do you need?
- Strong experience with React Native
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience identifying the right solutions to resolve ambiguous, open-ended problems that require tough prioritization
- Experience bridging iOS and Android native layers
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience working in fast paced and high-performance Agile teams
- Experience mentoring junior developers and conducting code reviews
- Good communication across teams, proven track record of working independently or with a team and be able to delegate
- High standards for quality and attention to detail implementing designs and animations
Nice to have?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- A good deal of native iOS/Android experience
- A self motivated Engineer who is consistently looking to improve and enhance customer’s experience
- Experience with streams and functional reactive programming (we use RxJS extensively)
- Experience with Objective-C/Swift or Java/Kotlin
- Experience building realtime client-side applications
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today and building scalable solutions for a greater future
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.