Thank you for your interest in this position with Predata. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About The Role
As a member of our engineering team, you will be designing and building a state-of-the-art platform for analyzing data that measures online attention. Our challenge is to transform abstract data into insight and narrative through elegant and informative data visualization tools.
Typical projects you may see are a map visualization product that displays geotagged online data, developing a UI toolkit for displaying the results of data science experiments, building data analysis dashboard components and integrating new data streams, a dynamic landing page that delivers customer-specific insights, performance optimization for loading large frontend datasets.
About the PreData Team
At Predata, we’ve built a predictive analytics platform that enables customers to anticipate global events and market moves by better understanding human behavior through alternative data and machine learning. Clients across various industries use the Predata platform to discover, quantify, and act upon the risk of future events.
We come from the worlds of technology, political science, and finance, with a commitment to building the future of enterprise software for predictive analytics.
We’re proud of our self-motivated team. We celebrate people who take responsibility for solving problems and developing new ideas. We believe in communication and collaboration over strict hierarchy. We’re curious people trying to find creative solutions. We deliver high-quality work because we take pride in what we do.
Considering US locations only for this position and time zone requirements may apply in order to address team and business needs.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Build clean, organized, and maintainable React and Redux code
- Implement the features and user interfaces for complex data visualization
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Analyst teams to explore, design, manage and develop features that improve user analytic workflows
- Take ownership of the philosophy of frontend development and set standards for design, tooling, and architecture.
What Sets You Apart:
- 3+ years of industry experience building web applications
- Strong experience working with React and other frontend frameworks (Redux, Mithril)
- Experience developing design mocks and implementing style guides
- Experience collaborating with product team to quickly develop software prototypes
- Experience with front-end tooling and development best practices (Typescript, Webpack)
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity working with Python
- Familiarity with frontend testing best practices and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work collaboratively on a small team
- Able to get up-and-running quickly with minimal supervision
Predata is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
Fireside offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
If this job and our culture sound like what you are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Fireside values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Fireside is an EEOC employer.
Fireside uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.