Babylon is a healthtech company that is going to disrupt the healthcare industry by creating an AI / Digital first platform to re-invent how healthcare is delivered for the better.
In your role as a Senior Front End Engineer,
you will have an opportunity to develop seamless applications to drive rich experiences for our end users at scale. We are developing React
(web based applications) and React Native
React, React Native, Redux, GraphQL
COOL PROJECTS WE ARE WORKING ON
- Clinical portal - Babylon provides the most efficient and high-quality interfaces for our clinicians to use when they are consulting, preparing and following-up with a patient. A fluid, fast UI is key to patient quality and efficiency. We’ve built a highly-composable component-based system in React and are continually enhancing useability and performance.
- React Native platform - we’re moving to the React Native platform for developing apps and are blazing a trail for modern React Native development with our platform providing micro frontend, design and release capabilities. Our React Native experiences are packaged into multiple apps around the globe, we use rich data and behavioural insights to drive better access to healthcare through our mobile apps.
- Web platform - we’re changing the way that web is thought about at Babylon through a new platform that provides our teams support for micro frontends, design systems, analytics, test and release out-of-the-box
- Behavioral data loops - our business depends on rich streams of data to optimize for patient experience and healthcare outcomes. We empower product teams by providing behavioural data loops as a service.
- Wearables and labs sync - our mobile apps connect to patient wearables and lab results to let patients take control of their own healthcare, and understand what the next best thing they can do to improve their health is.
- You know React (or another modern framework) and are keen to learn and use React and React Native
- You’re passionate about the web, Android and iOS surfaces
- You have or want to build a great knowledge of GraphQL, Apollo Client & Services and Apollo Federation
- You love to test and know tools like Jest, Detox, Appium and Cypress for testing
- You’re interested in full-stack modern & secure cloud development and are comfortable diving into back-end code to find a bug or assist another engineer
- Technology is your strength but you’ll bring more than just your technical expertise to the table - you’re obsessed with our users and helping them achieve better health outcomes - and you care deeply about every step of their healthcare journey
PERKS AT WORK
- Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme
- Yearly training budget
- Newly redesigned offices with a fun and engaging culture
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours and remote working.
- Private health care including physio and wellbeing for you, your partner and children
- Life insurance cover of 4x salary
- Unlimited drinks, fruit and a great selection breakfast options
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Access to Company Share Option Plan
- Pension contribution matched up to 5%
- The Babylon App! Gain access to unlimited free consultations for you and your nearest and dearest.
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.