Software Engineer – Front End
Tech & Data Science
Optimising a 100% renewable energy future is our vision.
Limejump is a technology platform that manages a large renewable energy network. Our portfolio delivers clean energy to businesses and homes, using renewables and stored energy when it’s needed to meet demand.
We connect and manage 100% renewable energy through the intelligent control of renewable generators, such as wind turbines and solar panels. We work closely with renewable asset owners, buying their energy and then selling it onto the UK’s grid, giving them simple access to the power market. But, the sun isn’t always shining and the wind isn’t always blowing. We must therefore capture energy for times when there is high demand. By harnessing big data and renewable technology, we accelerate the UK’s transition to net zero carbon emissions.
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our team and help us build next-generation tools and experiences for our customers and colleagues.
As a Front End Developer at Limejump, you will be working on the cutting edge of energy innovation with a passionate group of developers and designers.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and maintaining complex web apps and delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Build responsive, user-friendly front end web applications.
- Ensure that our front end applications are well tested and are built with great code quality.
- Promote best practices for coding while contributing to our testing methods.
- Participate in scoping sessions and help build our product roadmap.
- Continuously develop your understanding of the energy industry and our operating context.
- Design and deliver collaboratively, as a trusted point of contact in our company.
What we need from you – Essential skills:
- Proven experience building React based apps (or with similar front end frameworks).
- Familiarity with Redux (or similar central state management).
- Ability to work well within an Agile team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Open and collaborative with a desire to help others.
- Competitive pay and an annual performance based bonus.
- Private Medical Insurance with AXA PPP with £0 annual excess.
- 25 days annual leave…and one extra day for your birthday.
- £1k annual innovation budget to spend on self development coupled with 10% time off work to do it.
- Flexible working options to suit your personal life (including caring responsibility and/or your cultural background).
- Mental wellbeing support with Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company wide lunch n learns, culturally diverse celebrations and other social events.
- Parental leave – up to 12 weeks paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Subsidised onsite gym membership and weekly fitness classes.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – enjoy a carbon free commute on us!
- Life assurance and personal accident insurance.
Limejump is following government guidelines closely as we continue to work remotely from home. Once colleagues are welcomed back into the office later in the year we will be working off a hybrid model of 2 days office / 3 days from home.
Unfortunately, Limejump cannot offer 100% remote roles.
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
About Your Application Data
By clicking the "Submit Application" button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Limejump Ltd. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Limejump Ltd.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes. Consequently, Limejump Ltd. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Limejump Ltd. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Limejump Ltd. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Limejump Ltd. as well as to third parties acting on Limejump Ltd.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Limejump Ltd with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
For further information please see our Privacy Notice.