We are an ambitious, well-funded startup with plans to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We've already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members in the travel space. We have a strong engineering team coupled with a product team with decades of experience. We act like owners and we get a huge kick out of doing great work and doing it fast.
- You can lead a team to accomplish more than they think they are capable of. You know when to lead by example and when to give constructive feedback.
- Although you serve in a management or Team Lead capacity, you are still one of the strongest contributors to your code base and can work closely with UX/UI to bring a company's product to fruition.
- You have a keen understanding of Microservices and how they are modeled; you are not intimidated by concepts like Messaging Buses (eg Kafka, NATS), Pub-Sub, and Clustering.
- You know the modern technical stack from the network up and are incredibly grateful that you can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS or Azure or Google.
- You have a deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in production, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
- You understand that great Engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
- You have 6-10 years of relevant experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- You have a great attitude and can adapt to change. You stay calm, poised and maintain your great sense of humor even in the face of big challenges.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Work directly with our Engineering Teams and Engineering Leadership to design, implement, and deploy critical software systems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. The critical path to success is to write code that can access multiple APIs in parallel with extremely low latency and store them in a massive data cluster. And do that a few billion times a day.
- Work in cross-functional teams with Product, UX, Quality Engineering, and business experts to participate in feature design and create the next generation of business travel.
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
ABOUT ENGINEERING AT UPSIDE
We love to ship. We're completely on the CI/CD train, shipping code multiple times a day. We've developed a clustered container environment in AWS using Docker and Kubernetes to manage dozens of microservices written primarily in Node and Go. Our web frontend is written in React/Redux and we're building native iOS and Android apps that take full advantage of the powerful platforms they run on. View our blog at: engineering.upside.com
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
· You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
· You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
· Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
· You are all about constructive feedback - you can dish it out and you can take it.
· You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive salary + equity
· Full health, vision, and dental coverage
· 401K plan
· Open paid time off
· Dog-friendly Office
· Relocation Assistance Available
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.