We are an AI start-up that is building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company will provide B2C and B2B solutions in partnership with leading companies in the mobility sector and on-demand consumer services.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Metropolis is seeking a Lead Frontend Engineer to lead the implementation of its mobility apps. You will have a key role to play in the implementation of our consumer-facing apps. You should be passionate about building great UI and be open to the idea of using the right tool for the job, versus following the hype. You should be the kind of front-end engineer that cares less about the number of libraries you know and more about the software engineering principles that enables you to write code that scales.
You will collaborate with the backend engineers and together, craft products that delight our customers. Your responsibilities won’t be limited to just designing and implementing the code. You will have a big role to play in defining the direction of our product. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and you will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture.
- Architect, implement and maintain the front-end systems that make up our mobility platform
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle, including ideation and identifying requirements
- Set standards for team development by example
- Mentor Jr. Engineers with constructive feedback
- Evangelize best practices and mentor engineers as the front-end team grows
- Moderate technical discussions, evaluate new techniques and ensure our platform is constantly evolving and improving
- Leverage best practices in testing and deployment to enable rapid iteration and launch of new features
- Help build a culture where bugs and mistakes in Production are treated as opportunities to improve the platform via testing and refactoring
Requirements and Qualifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on Frontend Engineer. Experience in high volume consumer facing applications is preferred.
- Strong experience with React and relevant frameworks
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire the best engineers
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.