About us: Hopper-on-web
We are a passionate team of engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists. Our team focus is bringing Hopper to the browser so we can offer new customers what our millions of app users love: cheaper, less-stressful travel. To achieve these goals we've built a team culture of which we're proud:User experience and measured user feedback dictate design, whether those users are customers or teammates.
We understand if we're not making mistakes we are neither learning nor pushing ourselves hard enough. We are relentlessly curious in seeking to improve our craft, whether through constructive feedback or attending dedicated training. Just as importantly, we encourage and remind each other to take regular time off for energy and wellbeing.
The ideal candidate has :
- 4+ years professional experience in frontend Web development
- Thorough understanding of frontend system architecture and design at scale
- Deep comfort with at least one frontend stack (ie: Typescript/React)
- Ability to quickly iterate on Web interface UI/UX and related design
- Thorough grasp of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Obsession with your users’ experience whether they’re customers or teammates
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
- Experience with mono-repos, server-side rendering, or micro front-ends
- Backend, platform, ops experience
- Passion for practical code patterns and architecture, especially testing
- A portfolio of thoughtfully-designed UI projects
- Curiosity, user obsession, and a love of collaborative, iterative innovation
What would your day-to-day looks like:
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Experiment with early stage/proof-of-concept web engineering projects, at scale
- Actively contribute to the design and improvement of web features and projects
- Help evolve our architecture, to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team and the strategic direction of the product
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double
since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings. Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B
, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud
, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!