We’re looking for a Junior Software Developer, Frontend who can design, build, test, and ship high quality software that delivers value to our customers. You'll work on a small and agile team, learning how to refine and improve the products that we deliver through continuous feedback and collaboration. Your team will own the entire delivery lifecycle from beta releases to production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers. While based in Hootsuite’s Bucharest office (post COVID19) or remotely across Romania (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work within a cross-functional team (including designers, product managers, architects and other developers), learning best practices and delivering compelling products and services to our customers
- Write, test and deploy high quality scalable code.
- Assist with the implementation of our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products.
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality.
- Participate in code reviews, and apply software development best practices.
- Learn from the expertise of your peers and work-out-loud to share your experiences internally and within our community.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or proven experience developing and maintaining software (including co-op terms and internships).
- You have been a solid contributor in technical project teams either in a post secondary or work setting.
- Knowledge of best practices to ensure high-quality code (i.e. automated tests)
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.