About Build With Assembly
We're an organization driven to give people time back in their day. We do this by solving challenges people experience in their lives that can be made easier with technology. We're Assembly, we help visionary leaders build platforms customers rely on and businesses thrive on.
We partner with our clients to help them adopt the cloud and build the technology assets needed to transform their business, whether that be new cloud-native software, cloud migrations, or application modernization of existing, legacy systems.
We’re a high-performing entrepreneurial team with nearly two decades of experience helping enterprise organizations, including Honda, Acura, Brookfield, Canon, and many more continuously evolve their tech to meet their business goals.
We’re honored to have an unmatchable team of practitioners that have helped us rise to the ranks of being on the Profit 500, Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, Best Workplaces in Technology, and Best Workplaces in Canada (Top 50).
We believe front-end development is about understanding the challenges of modern web development and the tools available in the ecosystem to address them.
As a Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for implementing static visual designs and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will be supported by Back-End Developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the front-end work.
If you are a Front-End Developer who is passionate about your craft, motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming, then you are right for this role.
- Build UI components and compose them into applications for multiple browsers
- Analyze and understand business and design requirements; produce technical tasks and breakdown into estimates
- Define, review, communicate and follow development approaches for the technical tasks
- Collaborate with the back-end developers and QA engineers to integrate and test
- Work closely and collaborate with other developers and team members, communicating effectively and working together to reach defined goals and meet deadlines
- Attend and participate in daily standups and project retrospectives
- Participate in career development and performance reviews
- Commit to ongoing learning and development; participate in conferences and educational programs
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Participate and contribute to company culture
- 2+ years of experience working as Front-End Developer
- Solid experience with semantic and accessible HTML
- Hands on experience with CSS3 and CSS-in-JS (styled-components)
- Proven knowledge of React (version 16 or higher) is a must
- Experience with mobile-first UI development
- Previous experience writing functional UI tests (Jest and react-testing-library)
- Hands on experience with i18n and l10n (react-i18next)
- Experience contributing to design-system component libraries
- Multiple years’ experience with source control management systems
- Demonstrable ability to write clean, structured, maintainable code
- Experience with automated testing and/or code analysis techniques
- Familiarity with development & release tooling (i.e. npm/Webpack/Babel/Github)
- Ability to analyze wireframes or static designs and identify potential issues or hidden complexities
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- In-depth understanding of web development and web development processes
- An understanding of the fundamentals of server-side rendering is nice to have
- Understanding the concepts of a headless CMS architecture is nice to have
- Experience with Sitecore CMS is nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Critical thinker, great analytical and problem-solving skills
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- Many opportunities to learn, grow, and earn certifications through our internal upskilling program
- Start-up work culture while getting to work on industry leading solutions for some of Canada's leading companies
- Working with cutting edge cloud technologies
- Exposure to teams Designing and building cloud-native software
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- DPSP / RRSP matching program.
- 100% remote environment with a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Your choice of awesome top of the line office hardware.
- Opportunity for career progression along our career journey program.
- Epic company events & socials, both virtual and in-person.
- Flex hours and half day Fridays before every long weekend throughout the year.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.