Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail--at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and a team culture that gives you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Front End Engineer to expand and maintain our core Tradesy product and help us migrate to React.
The successful front-end engineer will work closely with other engineers, designers, and product owners to develop and maintain web applications that are beautiful, fast, extensible, maintainable, accessible, and robust. They will effectively communicate about timelines, challenges and tradeoffs and help support a workflow that runs like a well-oiled machine.
This role reports directly to the Front-End Engineering Manager.
- Build new and iterate on existing features to excite and delight our users
- Collaborate closely with product/design and fellow engineers to deliver a polished user experience
- Contribute to our UI component library, standards, and best practices to streamline development and ensure consistency across apps
- Perform thorough code reviews and leave thoughtful feedback
- Support our migration to React and SSR (Node)
- Work closely with software and QA Engineers to maintain excellent coverage of automated tests (unit, functional, integration and performance tests).
- A product-minded approach to development and empathy for the user’s experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience building beautiful UI utilizing modern frameworks like Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Experience writing extensive web applications with complex dependencies and infrastructure
- Experience with server-side scripting (PHP, JSP, ASP) or templating languages
- Experience collaborating with product/design teams
- Nice to have: experience with Sass, server-side rendering, and/or webpack
What to Expect:
Apply through our website www.tradesy.com or any affiliate job boards:
- You will receive a confirmation email
- If we don't feel you meet the requirements for this position, we will send you an email informing you of the decision
Tradesy is female-founded and dedicated to supporting and elevating team members from underrepresented groups. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t think you are a 100% fit for the role. If we think you meet enough of our criteria, one of our in-house Recruiters will reach out to schedule an introductory call.
- Competitive salary:
- Commensurate with skill set, experience and the position. What you made at your last job should not dictate your worth. Tradesy is committed to a Basic Living Wage threshold and holds its own $50k Minimum Wage Standard for entry level positions
- True Opportunity for Growth -
- we don’t believe in time served or waiting for your manager to get promoted or leave. Carve out your own path, at your pace - there’s room at the top for all of us
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Several options for Company Paid Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Plans. Tradesy pays 100% of the premiums for individuals - great discounts if you want to add spouse/children/families
- Wealth Benefits:
- 401k option and Equity (stock options) because every employee should be an owner
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- We coordinate with each other to make sure work and play find a healthy balance.
- Celebrate Diversity Paid Holiday Program
- A combination of set and floating Company Holidays - so you can choose the days most meaningful to you
- Designated Paid time off to serve (Jury Duty) and VOTE as well!
- Mentorship opportunities -
- Grow within your field, gain valuable skills and experience in a new one or become a change agent for those around you - all on Company time
- Paid Parental Leave -
- For Moms, Dads and everything in between
- Remote Friendly Office -
- Work from the place that best works for you
- Flexible Working Hours -
- Night owl? Got kids/pets/family obligations? We value your output, not the clock
- Virtual company-wide happy hours, Product demos, support groups and team events. Philanthropy and community outreach too.
- We are constantly finding news ways to stay meaningfully connected in this virtual world