Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 2,000 businesses are using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume, from some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, Better, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, to established businesses across the US including Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019 Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Venture and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in NYC! We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to scaling it in production. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
What You’ll Do
- Build performant, beautiful, and usable interfaces that solve for growing businesses with complex needs
- Ship products and services in cross-functional teams
- Work with sales and business teams to incorporate and productize customer feedback
- Help establish engineering process, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
What You'll Need
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features
- Empathy for the variety of customers we support
- An ability to think through customer requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve their problems
- A knack for getting the visuals right
- Professional experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages
Nice to Haves
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- Proficiency in React v16+
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Typescript, Flask, Elixir, AWS, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Webflow
- Passion for, or curiosity to learn, financial technology
About Our Teams
- Card Engineering | Ramp’s Card Engineering team is responsible for shipping products with a singular focus on enhancing the finance team and cardholder experience. Current project areas include accounting, physical/virtual card management, mobile wallets, transactions, reimbursements, spend insights, and vendor/invoice management.
- Risk Engineering | Ramp’s Risk Engineering team is pioneering how risk is evaluated and building the infrastructure to scale to millions of business in the United States. Current project areas include application processing, underwriting & KYC, risk data signals, risk limit & exposure management, bank linking, capital markets, fraud, and payments.
Learn more about our problem space and environment at our new engineering blog!
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support