Mission Lane LLC is a fintech on a mission (no pun intended) to increase access to financial tools that help people thrive. We are raising the bar on fair credit access, easy money management, and convenient income discovery. Our philosophy is simple: when our customers do well, we do well. And we have only just begun.
Mission Lane is looking for a Frontend -Principal Software Engineer to join our geographically dispersed team as an early hire in our fast-growing startup. If you are excited about building scalable, highly available systems then this is the right role for you. We are primarily based in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA, however we are open to considering remote candidates that would be open to travel to our offices on occasions.
So, what does a typical day look like for a Mission Lane Software Engineer?
- You will be solving some pretty interesting problems, without bureaucratic obstacles.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Design, Credit, Growth and Data Science teams to understand customer needs and how to design and build the most appropriate features or systems that impact the lives of millions of consumers. They're all great people to work with. Trust me!
- You will also spend some time in the design and development across our web stack and the opportunity to work on or close to our Web, Cloud Platform, Data and Machine Learning teams.
- Be an agent of technological change - learning and evaluating new technologies and making decisions on their adoption
- Time permitting, a little online socializing with your peers.
What qualities do we look for?
- 7+ years of professional experience building software. Bonus points if you’ve excelled at a small, high-growth startup or been working in the fin-tech space or an equivalent highly regulated industry.
- An intuitive understanding of web frameworks, APIs, cloud infrastructure, information security, and databases, and have worked with multiple programming languages.
- A passion for making an impact through technology while building consumer products that make a difference to the lives of traditionally under-served customers.
- Both curious by nature and an impressively quick learner.
- Unfazed by unfamiliar codebases and enjoy figuring complex things out on your own.
- Able to wear multiple hats and work across the stack, both collaboratively and independently.
You get Super Bonus points for:
- Proven experience with PostgreSQL or equivalent is a plus.
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of user interaction, user experience, and design best practices.
- Familiar with performance tuning, measurement and experimentation systems
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to over 1 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third party recruiters.