At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto” and take a look at how some of our customers are using pachyderm here.
You can also check out our product on GitHub because it’s open-source and try our cloud service for free.
What it’s like being part of The Pach
Pachyderm is a rapidly growing, Series B company funded by the top VC’s — Benchmark, Decibel, M12, and YCombinator. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Pachyderm is still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
) developer to join our team building out the front-end of our enterprise product and hosted SaaS version of our open source software.
You'll be working closely with our systems engineering and design teams to ship a core product that will define the future of the business. Your main task with be developing the web application that will become the "face" of the product and one of the primary modes for data scientists to build/manage their data and pipelines.
While your primary focus will be building the product, you’ll also have direct exposure to users and enterprise customers via our open source support channels. At Pachyderm, open source user and customer feedback is major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
The long and short of it is, if you're looking to make a big impact, on a small team, that works on open source software, and delivers an enterprise-grade product, then this role is for you. You can check out our product on github
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes are a big plus
- A solid understanding of standard web development workflows including Git, CI, and component testing.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks and then execute efficiently
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. You’ll need to be able to distill complex design decisions both internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for fast-paced, high growth companies
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, 99% dental and vision, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!