Lead Software Engineer
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for frontend development to join our team creating Wooga’s next-gen games support tools.
In this role, you will be developing our live operations management platform that empowers product managers to operate our games at scale, delivering personalized player experiences through sales, time-limited events, competitions, and many more new, in-development game features.
- Develop new features for our tools to empower our internal customers to develop and operate their games more efficiently,
- Develop reusable libraries for use within the Web Tools team’s projects to enable us to deliver more value to our users,
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to guide them on the most efficient approach to solving technical problems,
- Lead technical discussions within the team regarding architecture, UX, and best practices,
- Work closely with our data engineering and backend teams to develop APIs and tools for use by game team members,
- Lead and mentor other engineers, helping them to grow and succeed.
- You have several years of experience as a software engineer,
- You have strong technical leadership skills
- You have experience with writing tests using Jest, Enzyme, or react-testing-library,
- You are familiar with functional programming and the React ecosystem (including hooks),
- You love to share knowledge and believe that collaboration is better for individual achievement,
- You can translate complex product requirements into maintainable technical solutions, and can advise non-technical team members,
- You are passionate about the user experience, creating intuitive and efficient workflows to solve complex problems.
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS services such as Amplify, AppSync, DynamoDB, and S3,
- Experience with end to end testing frameworks like Cypress,
- Passion for games.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!