Apply for this job
The Stride team is on the lookout for a smart, motivated Engineer to help take our Stride Platform to the next level. We are planning for many new things for our next iterations, so your work will be feature-heavy, and you'll have a voice on its architecture and infrastructure. You will also be an advocate for best practices in MV* architectures, unit/integration/UI testing, and our interface with Product and Design.
As a business, we sit in a unique position and have partnerships with many of the giant work-for-yourself platforms who want to better serve their workforce.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll quickly become part of our small, nimble organization. You will have plenty of opportunities to make a big impact, and we would love for you to join us on this adventure. The nature of work is changing, forever. Be a part of it.
- We have a wealth of financial and benefits marketplace data that our customers are eager to use in novel ways, so you will help implement and release new features for the Stride Platform web apps.
- You will help modernize our codebase and infrastructure so we have a state-of-the-art architecture that applies best practices. You will be an advocate for solid and clean architecture principles, testing, Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- You will eventually own large chunks of the web frontend codebase and infrastructure, and have a leading voice.
- You will be tasked with developing a frontend application architecture that allows for moving fast and iterating quickly, backed by rock-solid infrastructure.
- You’ll closely work alongside our Product and Design people to maintain and extend the feature set of the Stride web apps.
- You’ll collaborate with multiple Engineering and non-Engineering teams within the company on cross-functional efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a Software Engineering-related discipline) or equivalent professional experience.
- Frontend software development experience, with a strong focus and background in React/Redux (or equivalent frameworks such as Vue, Angular, etc.), HTML/CSS.
- A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and excitement to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Last but most important, you have a desire to grow and get things done inside and outside Web and Software Engineering in general.
- An eye for detail and design. You are as comfortable whipping up a quick prototype to share with Product and Design, as you are refining and coming up with pixel-perfect web apps.
- Experience managing project builds and dependencies using NPM/Yarn/others.
- You have deployed your apps/services to at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with Design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin.
- Experience working with RDBMS such as Postgres/MySQL.
- Experience programming in Typescript.
- Experience with ExpressJS.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with an ORM.
- Experience with Redis caching.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores such as DynamoDB or MongoDB.
- You have implemented a serverless application/service.
- Experience with devops tools such as Terraform/Docker/Kubernetes.
Stride provides the world’s first portable benefits platform designed specifically for independent workers, helping them save time and money on insurance, taxes and hundreds of thousands of products and services. Since launching in 2014, Stride has helped over 2.5 million workers save over $2.7 billion.
Stride partners with the world’s leading work platforms and employers of non-benefited workers including DoorDash, Uber, Instacart, Grubhub, Amazon, MasterCard, Aon, Keller Williams and others to help them provide their workers access to affordable health and wealth benefits and perks. The company is backed by Venrock, New Enterprise Associates and F-Prime Capital Partners.
We support a flexible work structure with office locations in Salt Lake City and San Francisco, along with the option to establish your own fully remote office.
Forbes: With August 15 Health Insurance Deadline Looming, Many Gig Workers Risk Missing Out On Savings, New Data Shows
Born Digital: "Mastercard, Stride Partner for Gig Worker Benefits"
The New York Times: "It’s Not Just You: Picking a Health Insurance Plan Is Really Hard"
Business Insider: "Stride Health Secures $23.5 Million in Series B Funding"
Perks & Benefits
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from the computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences.
- Competitive salary
- Equity package
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work arrangement with the ability to work remotely and meet face to face with co-workers on a regular basis (as conditions permit)
- $100/month work from home stipend
- $75/month stipend for wellness programs
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- Parental leave
- A culture of learning and development
- And more!
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Stride is an equal opportunity employer.