Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
The primary focus for the Lead React Frontend Engineer will be to maintain and build our front end app suite. The Lead React Frontend Engineer will work in a highly collaborative team within the Product & Engineering vertical building software of the highest quality, and develop deep understanding of our technical products.
What will you do as a Lead React Frontend Engineer?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Strategize with key stakeholders on developing key business metrics, planning, and prioritization
- Own front end feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve existing codebases, identifying key opportunities for refactoring and performance improvement
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Create lasting architecture for current and future applications
- Help create engineering leaders by mentoring other engineers of all levels
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to influence architecture for current and future APIs
What do you have as a Lead React Frontend Engineer?
- Experience with high traffic public facing websites
- Extensive experience with TypeScript
- Exceptional knowledge of ReactJS
- Strong knowledge of Redux/React Context API/Hooks
- Exceptional knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS
- Significant experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers and various JS testing strategies
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Experience with building, deploying and operating technical components of sizable complexity.
- Track record of leading and creating environments where engineers produce their best work
Nice to haves:
- Experience architecting micro-frontends
- Experience with GraphQL
- ReactJS testing (Jest/react-testing-library)
- Experience working remotely
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.