Apply for this job
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who is dedicated to building React web apps that allow our customers to visualize the data coming from their IoT devices and administer their devices in the field. You will be working with a team of 16 Frontend Engineers spread across 4 different locations and working together as a team on various projects and exciting products. You will also be involved in designing and developing various parts of the existing infrastructure.
- Write code as part of a cross-functional squad that includes backend developers, designers, and QA engineers.
- Develop modular web apps with React, Redux, and CSS-in-JS, using modern ES6 features.
- Test your code with Jest and React Testing Library. Experience with integration testing tools like Selenium and Cypress is a plus.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to deploy apps to the web.
- Work closely with our UX team to bring their designs and user interactions to life.
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers on our in-house design system.
- Collaborate with backend teams to make sure internal APIs and endpoints accurately reflect the needs of the frontend.
- Participate in agile processes including sprint planning, ticket grooming, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Frontend development.
- You have experience building secure and performant apps with React.
- You write clean code that is easy to understand and test.
- You test your code as part of the development process.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Redux and TypeScript.
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins and container systems like Docker.
- Practical experience with Azure services. Azure certification is a plus.
- Experience with agile processes.
- Experience working with VCS(Git).
- Experience working with JIRA.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels.
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and off-sites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary.
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 30 paid vacation days + public holidays.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine.
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.