Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic. We reduce MSK pain, opioid use, and surgeries by pairing advanced wearable technology with a comprehensive clinical care team including doctors of physical therapy, physicians, and board-certified health coaches. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic for health plans and employers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods.
Hinge Health has raised $436M to date with offices across San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and more.
The Senior Engineer, Mobile (Machine Learning) will be a hands-on developer that takes on the most challenging technical implementations and ensures that features are delivered on time to specification. This role requires expertise in React
based mobile application development and interfacing React based code with native code on iOS/Android.
You will be part of a pod which is responsible for shipping highly effective and easy to use features by interfacing with machine learning models. The pod will interact with ML engineers and data scientists to optimize the performance for an interactive user experience that will be engaging for the users.
The ideal candidate will have experience with React-based mobile application development and interfacing React code with native mobile code (iOS and Anroid). Experience implementing mobile applications with machine learning models is highly desirable but not required.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Help build seamless integration between the React based HH core mobile application and our machine learning platform which will be using native code.
- Within the first 30 days, work alongside Technical Lead to begin executing against the product roadmap.
- Within 60-90 days, work alongside Technical Lead to ship an MLP that successfully integrates our core app and ML platform.
- Provide some amount of technical leadership and mentorship to other teams and engineers for mobile App development for ML.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Full Stack Engineer: You have experience working across the tech stack, specifically JS, React, React Native, native (iOS or Android.)
- Mobile Development: You are experienced w/ React Native and have experience interfacing React code w/ native (iOS or Android) code
- Machine Learning: You have experience implementing mobile apps based on ML models.
- Delivery: You’re able to deliver complex short-term, medium-term and long-term projects.
- Testing / Debugging: You have the ability to understand and debug native code (iOS & Android) as well as performance tune mobile applications.
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information.
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.