Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
We are looking for someone that likes getting a deeper understanding of how things work and tweaking them to get an optimal performance and enjoy showing their findings to the rest of our team members. In this position, you would work on our core React.js platform tools where you would be expected to write easily maintainable well performant code. What would make you a star in our team is being passionately curious and having the desire to get things properly done in a React.js way.
What you'll be doing here:
- Build awesome technology that's helping millions of people using React.js
- Think about how users would be experiencing your work
- Create interfaces that would support various devices and screen resolutions
- Able to adapt the code to new use cases
- Write jest test cases for your own modules
- Work independently and with minimal guidance to complete development tasks
- Develop an increased understanding of the platform architecture, codebase, and functionality
About you and your skills:
- Good understanding of React.js core principles, Redux
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX, and JSON.Unit
- Testing with Jest/EnzymeWorking knowledge of Node.js, NPMStrong CSS skills, and experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
- Familiarity with BootstrapComfortable using MacOs, Linux
- Bonus: experience with GraphQL, Mysql, or Solr
- Bonus: experience working on information retrieval or hardcore search technologies
- Bonus: experience building test automation to support projects
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.