Apply for this job
Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
At Bestow, our technology will allow us to update our user experiences rapidly. Working to optimize our customers' way from us is how our team embodies our mission: Make hard things easier. We're seeking an Engineering Leader who has significant experience building software and the teams that power it to join us!
If you're an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer with extensive knowledge about Frontend Web development that has a passion for building delightful user experiences, join us at Bestow!
Open to Austin, TX or Dallas, TX, or Remote (within the U.S.)
Your Day to Day:
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else is building a completely digital platform on which individuals can purchase a life insurance policy entirely online within minutes
- Participate in the decision-making process – we want you to Speak Up
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher-quality, faster, and more scalable
- Have a direct impact on the company’s top-line performance
- Develop delightful user-facing features
- Build modular layouts, reusable code, and libraries for future use
- Create and maintain automated tests to ensure quality and save time and money
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Help set technical standards and best practices for the front end team
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
A Little About You:
- 5+ years experience working in a fast paced consumer company, leading a team of high performing engineers
- Proficient understanding of CSS styling tools such as LESS, SASS or CSS-in-JS (we like styled-components and SASS)
- Passion for making frontend applications sleek and performant
- Knowledgeable of UI/UX patterns and love working with designers
- Love working with static typing tools such as TypeScript
- Some full stack experience. While you’ll be spending most of your time in the frontend, we value familiarity and understanding of how the rest of the stack works
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (GCP preferred)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Performance bonus
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.