React Native Developer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
About Afterpay 🚀
Afterpay’s technology was home-grown in Australia, and we’re now building our tech teams in Melbourne, Sydney, New York, Shanghai, London, San Francisco and the list goes on! We’re team players, committed to fast-paced quality work and we’re looking for people who are keen to be a part of something very special in the Afterpay roadmap. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
Tell me, what's the instore app by Afterpay?
People love using Afterpay, we've got millions of users across the globe (US, AU, EU, China) and we’ve designed a cool way for everyone to use it more freely. With any of your associated payments apps you can use the Afterpay digital card in all supporting retailers! It’s awesome, it’s another way to get the BNPL experience but through the ease and convenience of the digital wallet.
As part of our instore team at Afterpay you’ll be responsible for developing enhancements and delivering value to our Customers! We operate in a fast-paced and constantly changing industry where development and maintenance of effective software is key to the ongoing success and future growth of the business. This is a new team so be part of the initial burst of creativity and innovation, work alongside brilliant Engineers to create something impactful. We are also working on the next generation of our mobile apps and would love for new hires to help shape it.
- Build end to end features on our iOS & Android mobile applications (from design to deploy) using React Native
- Measure and optimize the performance of the iOS & Android mobile applications
- Assist the QA Team with automated end-to-end tests
- Contribute to the design and development of the new generation of our mobile apps
- Work closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- You will eventually phase out of React native into a native Android or iOS environment
What we're looking for:
- Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
- Enthusiasm about solving business problems with technology
- Ability to take ownership of an end-to-end solution while always keeping the user experience in mind
- Execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed.
We would love:
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native, including native modules
- Experience developing native mobile applications for iOS and Android to help develop/maintain native modules used in the mobile app
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fun virtual company events & collaborative team
- Supportive, laid-back environment
- Award winning culture
- Growth into moving into a native mobile role
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices