We are looking for a new Frontend Engineer team member who can support us in creating the movie and TV show discovery experience of the future.
We love challenging goals. We are questioning everything. We are always learning. And we are excellent in execution. We believe in the 80/20 rule and try to apply common sense and pragmatism to everything, so we are looking for people with business sense.
Our TV apps are built using React
Native and support AndroidTV, tvOS, Fire TV, Tizen, Web, Xbox, and webOS, while our microservice backend architecture is written in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
Our team members' traits:
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring
. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe that “done is better than perfect”.
Here's what you'll do
- Craft the frontend of the movie/TV discovery experience for TV devices
- Work in a cross-functional team
- Prototype new features to support our product discovery
- Explore new ways of getting things done with React Native for TV Apps
- Implement and conduct A/B tests
What you will need
- Experience in frontend engineering with React Native
- Ideally: experience with GraphQL & Rest API
- Good understanding of user - centered design and have the user in mind when providing solutions
- Experience in testing (unit tests, test automation).Ideally: experience with mobx-state-tree
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve
- Fluent English
- Nice to have: experience in the development of apps for TVs (AndroidTV, Fire TV, tvOS, webOS, Tizen, Web, Xbox), either using React Native or native technologies
If you feel like you are missing some of the hard skills – don’t worry, we are hiring for the attitude, values, and personality.
Currently, we all work from home which is why the role initially will be remote. Yet we miss the human contact and real-life team spirit and are excited to get back to our new offices at the historic Backfabrik as soon as possible. So in a couple of months, the role will be Berlin-Based. If you do not live in Berlin, we provide relocation and visa support.
We embrace our entrepreneurial responsibilities. Through our 6-figure environmental and social impact budget, we offset every employee’s carbon footprint, give back to the community, support causes that matter, and have recently implemented a wellbeing and mental health programme.
How to apply:
Show your interest in any way that works for you, we simplified the application process - send us whatever you have or just your Linkedin and a brief message explaining why you are a great fit for this role.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Daria
from our talent team via LinkedIn or apply to this role directly through this listing.
JustWatch takes diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. Our goal is to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We commit to being inclusive.