Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
- 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2019 Fortune Magazine - Change the World - Companies to watch
- 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
- LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
As a member of the Scientific Computing team you will work with a diverse group of programmers, software architects and computational biologists to develop web applications that support all R&D and commercial operations throughout the business life cycle of the company. You will use your experience in Python development to build web-based data aggregation pipelines that integrate data into the data warehouse. You will build React applications that let scientists interact with real-time data from reactors in our state-of-the-art gas fermentation laboratories and commercial sites. Working closely with all R&D teams you will identify and translate complex scientific workflow requirements into web applications.
- Work with scientists from our Computational Biology team and develop web applications that will integrate data analysis pipelines with our Data Warehouse.
- Work with Software Architects to convert some of our existing systems based on monolithic architecture to a microservice based architecture
- You will conduct code review and coaching on development best practices, code coverage and unit test development etc.
- Manage and interpret program and project requirements into specific system, application and integration designs.
- Present summary of results to group in weekly meetings
- Track effort and record against specific projects
- Observe best practice to maintain a safe workplace
- 4+ years’ experience developing in Python and related frame works Django and Flask.
- Familiarity with Workflow Management Systems Luigi and Airflow.
- 4+ years’ experience designing and building RESTful APIs including security concepts such as OAuth and JSON Web Tokens.
- Experience in working on Amazon Web Services: Have a strong understanding of PAAS (Platform as a service) and IAAS (Infrastructure as a service offerings).
- Strong understanding of Build Systems and continuous integration/delivery concepts.
- Heavy SQL/NoSQL (PostgreSQL/MongoDB) database experience is required including schema design, writing SQL queries, and advanced performance tuning concepts.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming is required.
- Familiarity with administering web servers using Uwsgi and Nginx
- Administration of AWS resources
- Experience in working with Scientific Data
- Familiarity with ASP.Net Core development
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- This is a Skokie based position.
- Remote working options can be considered for experienced and exceptional candidates with regular visits to Skokie.