Apply for this job
Our HQ is located in Washington, DC but you can work anywhere! Our company has committed to offer both in-person positions at our HQ as well as fully-remote positions anywhere in the US.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We're looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who will drive forward the front-end architecture for our flagship web application. Working alongside other front-end engineers, back-end engineers, and stakeholders from our Product and Design teams, you’ll be building and shipping key components of the software our investors use on a daily basis.
- Delivering front-end software components for desktop and mobile-responsive designs
- Working closely with our Design and Product teams to scope, prototype, and build new user experiences and features
- Refactoring and refreshing all aspects of our investor dashboard as we iterate and evolve our business objectives
- Peer reviewing other engineers’ code, providing design review feedback, and ensuring our software meets high company standards for quality
- Working with Engineering leadership to define and implement a roadmap of long-term front-end architecture improvements as we scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years working with RESTful APIs, and know how to optimize front-end interfaces which use those APIs
- 2 years working in React or Vue.js
- Experience in quickly prototyping and later optimizing implementation approaches, and can speak to engineering tradeoffs
- Experience with front-end unit and integration testing, and know how to apply these techniques pragmatically
- Sound grasp of caching at various levels (browser, edge, server), and know how to package and deploy front-end resources accordingly
- Solid understanding of ES6 and TypeScript
- Experience in production applications using Vue.js
- Proficiency in layout and design using Twitter Bootstrap and CSS3
- Familiar with general user experience design and testing, including event flow measurement and analysis, user interviews, and behavioral analysis
- Led (or contributed to) several framework migrations, and have a sound understanding of how to safely and quickly transition technologies
Benefits at Fundrise
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking.
- 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself.
- Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability.
- Significant equity via our employee stock grant program.
- Flexible PTO.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid parental leave.