Apply for this job
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
You MUST have:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in the industry building web applications
- Familiarity with popular web frameworks like React/Flutter/Vue
- Familiarity with frontend build tools like Webpack/Babel/Grunt
- Familiarity with web CI/CD technologies.
- Understand how to write clean code and how to modularize large scale applications. Can architect web applications independently.
- Knows how to do proper testing using tools like Jest/Enzyme/Mocha/Jasmine.
- Previous experience leading a team or in supervisory role
You may have:
- BA degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Built enterprise SaaS products end to end before.
You are ready to:
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues
- Architect the web applications throughout the company.
- Lead development of the web applications throughout the company
- Develop own team and facilitate mentorship
- Above market salary and equity
- Excellent medical insurance
- Unlimited Snacks
- Unlimited PTO