Apply for this job
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Role
As a Front End Developer, you will assist in several aspects of product development and design for analytics solutions and work closely with Product to develop prototypes and test them with customers. You will develop UI for intelligence applications which includes BI reporting and Machine learning. Your primary responsibility will be to work with UX and data engineers and data scientists to take the analytics prototype from ideation to production.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and various cross-functional team members to design, build, test, and maintain analytics solutions
- Work with intelligence team to drive the design from prototype to production
- 2+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with React
- Strong understanding of common Web technologies, languages and frameworks; such as, React, Redux, Vue, Angular, Node, Git and experience with REST APIs - we use React
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools
- Familiarity in one or more backend major programming language such as Java, C#, Python, Swift, Go.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
- Experience with one or more of industry leading data analytics and business intelligence visualization tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Looker is a plus
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!