Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, build and implement search and other product features
- Work with React/HTML/CSS/JS
- Coordinate tasks with your teammates and collaborate with the entire company to refine requirements to deliver the best product to our customers
- Identify and squash bugs
- Analyze and optimize client-side UI for efficiency and performance
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- 5+ years experience in JS frameworks such as React or Angular, and related tooling (NPM, Webpack, Eslint, Redux, etc.)
- 2+ years of professional React experience
- Experience with responsive layouts and frameworks such as Material-UI and Sass
- Understanding and experience using APIs
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Self-motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Curiosity, humility, and open-mindedness
- Passion about web technologies
- Passion for the outdoors
- Humility, empathy, and open-mindedness - no egos
- Ruby/Rails, Python/Django or similar experience
- Familiarity with the entire stack - web servers, the application layer, caching, databases
- Experience using TypeScript
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational and nonrelational databases
- Knowledge of search platforms such as Elastic or Algolia
- Experience with Monitoring, Logging, Reporting and Alerting frameworks like New Relic, Datadog, and Bugsnag
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD tools
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.