Apply for this job
Note: no recruiters please
Do you have the courage to challenge the most powerful companies in the world?
It’s as simple as this. Chat, Plan (Organize Events) & Pay, all in one app. This mission is bold; Can we do it? With a tenacious team, and an obsession for craftsmanship. Absolutely. To date we have built an impressive voice orientated chat that is currently in beta, and now we’re refining our product and building out the plan & pay functionality.
Work from wherever you want, whenever you want with two conditions:
- Attend the daily team meeting at 2pm PST for 30 minutes.
- Always Do More; go the extra mile in honor of craftsmanship, the team, and the user.
We’re small enough that your voice will be heard and big enough to deliver on these ideas at scale. This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to build a consumer based social platform that will meaningfully improve the lives of billions of people.
P.S This won’t be easy, the engineering challenges demand a skilled professional if you are looking for easy please swipe left.
Technically, we’re working with these technologies:
- Frontend - React, React Native, Typescript, Next.JS, 3rd Party APIs & GraphQL.
- Backend - Node.JS, Typescript, Apollo GraphQL, Gremlin, AWS and Docker. We use AWS Serverless whenever possible. Our backend engineering team develops architectures that are scalable from day 1, with no single points of failure.
- Operations - Our AWS services are fully managed via infrastructure as code. We take cloud security, logging and monitoring seriously and use GitLab CI/CD extensively.
As a mobile engineer, you’ll get to do things like:
- Write clean, fully-typed React Native code: Across our stack, we make heavy use of TypeScript to keep our code clean, maintainable, and less prone to errors. Even though we are a small team, code quality is a top priority. We take pride in code cleanliness and structure.
- Integrate with our GraphQL backend: Our API uses GraphQL exclusively, and you'll utilize the Apollo library to build well-typed, performant, cacheable queries and mutations throughout our app.
- Build the next generation chat: Chat can be a technically challenging problem to solve. On This App, chat also involves events and payments—you'll be working to build upon and optimize our chat system to make communication feel smooth and performant for both iOS and Android.
- Influence the product: Every engineer works closely with our design and product teams to make This App the best it can be. You'll have the opportunity to contribute your own ideas and influence the product in a meaningful way.
- Pixel-perfect design: Utilize our well-built Figma portfolio to construct beautiful mobile UI/UX flows.
Our ideal candidate deeply understands UX, React Native, and can move from building simple screens to leveraging our Apollo cache system for optimistic queries and mutations—all in TypeScript. Experience with pipelines and Fastlane build systems is a plus.
ThisApp offers a range of benefits to all full-time U.S. employees, including:
- Early-stage well-funded company with innovative engineering and product culture
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance provided through TriNet
- A remote friendly work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive benefits offering - 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Home office reimbursements.
- Stipend (internet, phone, team lunch, wellness).
- Budget for books and courses for ongoing learning