Senior Front-End Developer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Hatched Labs is looking for a Front-End Developer!
We’re working on a suite of products, across several different retail businesses: eCommerce and logistics-based (mobile & web) for a customer with millions of users ($10B sales). We're driven by customer needs and creatively looking to introduce new products and disrupt our space. We're fully funded (our uncle cashed in all his Dogecoin 🐕 and sold his 1980's Star Wars collection - so funding will never be an issue! 💰) and excited to meet some cool people!
Summary tech stack: It's a full buffet. 1st course of Rails & React sprinkled on a lot of AWS, dabs of Python, all served in containers, sippin' on Elixir, sides of Kotlin & Swift, squeeze in GraphQL for dessert, Airflow - go fast not...
**Once we reopen our offices this role can sit in San Francisco, Austin, or remain remote anywhere in the U.S.**
- Create high-quality and enjoyable user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, intuitive, performant, and reliable.
- Have autonomy to build, test, and ship user-facing features in modern tools like React, GraphQL, Typescript, and Apollo.
- Identify and plan initiatives to enhance our systems, codebases, team dynamics and maintain/improve code quality.
- Build and maintain reusable code (components, tools, utils) and libraries for future use.
- Help guide our front-end stack by selecting the right tools and libraries for the job.
- Assist in documenting, debugging, evaluating, and unit-testing projects.
- <entor and pair-program with junior software engineers and other teams.
- Participate in the decision-making process and support management in the key company initiatives.
- Be an active member of the Frontend community!
- You have at least 2+ years of experience working with React.JS. Typescript and GraphQL (Apollo) are a great plus!
- You have experience working collaboratively with product managers and designers.
- You are an excellent communicator that can explain technical subject matter to a non-technical audience in an understandable and impactful manner.
- Experience in eCommerce is a huge plus!
- You are comfortable making recommendations to a senior-level audience.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- CS degree or equivalent experience with computer science.