Apply for this job
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
About the Role
As a member of the New Products engineering team, you will be responsible for building compelling user interfaces for our next big product line. This is an opportunity to take ownership over something completely new — our goal is to turn the products you will work on into a major new revenue source for Verkada.
You’ll be working alongside a small, dynamic team of frontend, backend and firmware engineers to develop these new products. Our team operates as a startup within a startup, so you can expect a lot of autonomy and impact on the direction of what we build.
If you are an experienced, frontend or full-stack engineer who is excited about building new ways to keep people safe and secure, then we want to hear from you.
Verkada is #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Your Day to Day:
- Build best-in-class product experiences across our Command web platform (React) and our new mobile applications (React Native).
- Work closely with product, design and the rest of our engineering team to create features which delight users and customers.
- Help mentor other engineers.
- Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you.
Experience and Education:
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Strong architectural understanding of custom components, custom UI, and cross-browser support.
- Eye for design, product details, and polish.
- Understanding of HTTP APIs and practical debugging techniques.
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system.
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Experience with React Native and mobile development.
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Experience with Redux and Webpack.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.