Apply for this job
Pathpoint is looking for an experienced Software Engineer with deep frontend experience to join our new Agent Experience team. Software Engineers at Pathpoint write, test, document & evolve the code and software systems that deliver value to Pathpoint and our customers. Our stack is TypeScript, GraphQL, React, Node, and Golang, continuously deployed on AWS and continuously tested in CircleCI.
Senior Software Engineers are the technical leaders of their teams, responsible for building the highly leveraged software systems that are multipliers of the team’s efficiency and working closely with other team leaders to advise on planning and set technical direction.
Our teams are small to enable focus, and often employ Agile Development practices to solve problems in a complex real world domain where the requirements may not yet be fully defined, so the solutions need to be resilient to change while being stable and performant.
Pathpoint is building the next generation of technology for the $160B Excess and Surplus Lines insurance market. We’re working with the premier carriers and brokerages to build a new trading exchange that turns painful and time consuming back and forth into a seamless digital experience. We're headquartered in San Francisco but are transitioning to a fully distributed team that values our teammates working where they’re most safe and productive. We seek candidates who see this world as an opportunity to craft new best practices and build a remote-first culture that doesn’t just survive, but thrives. (Learn more)
Pathpoint is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pathpoint considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Agent Experience Engineering To Us Means:
- Implementing full stack software solutions based on value-driven user stories and design documents.
- Write tests and build observability systems to increase iteration speed and product reliability.
- Driving engagement by quickly reacting to user feedback and continuously deploying thoughtfully implemented features and incremental improvements.
- Communicating with engineers, product, design, and businesspeople about architecture, requirements, progress, and release timing.
- Building polished and maintainable user interfaces.
- While you'll be executing on the agent experience, being the Senior Frontend engineer means you'll be empowered to build broadly useful frameworks used by other engineers to build compelling and performant UX.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of experience at other highly functioning software engineering team(s).
- Experience with TypeScript, GraphQL, Node, PostgreSQL, Golang, and React
- 2+ years of React or with other frontend web development frameworks a big plus.
- User empathy, an interest in learning about the insurance industry, and pragmatic critical thinking skills.
- An ability to map Pathpoint’s long term roadmap into smaller projects that make progress under potentially high uncertainty.
At Pathpoint, Senior Engineers:
- Are responsible for crafting the software systems, frameworks, and architectures that are the foundation of the systems their team builds on top of.
- Advises the team’s Engineering Manager & Product Manager on higher level roadmap timelines & feasibility, as well as insights and recommendations on how to improve hiring pipelines.
- Are often crossing team boundaries to solve problems.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Participate in hiring by not just running onsite sessions but also crafting them.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, healthcare and vacation benefits.
- A brilliant and wonderfully supportive team to learn and laugh with.
- A flexible time-off policy.
- Remote first: we’re building a culture spanning the country where teammates don’t just survive, but thrive, and back this up with a $500 home office stipends & $50 / month ISP reimbursement, and a monthly stipend for food delivery & groceries.