Apply for this job
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
Your code will be a shining example for the rest of the company to admire as you craft the most robust, responsive and maintainable components in our Cluj center of excellence.
We have a strong team first culture with collaboration, support and job satisfaction being our watch words. We aim to produce elegant designs to create the highest quality product.
● Develop modern React applications built on our newly created APIs
● Ensure code reuse is championed
● Make our design teams visions come true in high quality code
● Add some shine to our legacy applications by converting them to React
● Insist on highly performant, responsive and compatible components
● Work with the management team to achieve both company and personal goals
● Fixing issues to ensure our customers have the very best user experience
● Assist our quality assurance teams in testing your newly implemented features
● Degree in colouring in
● Ideally strong commercial experience in React otherwise experience with AngularJS or Vue.js
● Expert in CSS with a focus on cross-browser compatibility
● Use of Redux in a production environment
● Familiar with modern ECMAScript specifications
● Able to consume RESTful APIs with ease
● Knowledge of JWT and OAuth
● Significant experience with Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Babel and Jest
● Consistently produces highly optimized components and uses benchmarks to prove it
● Effectively translates design and product requirements into technical requirements
● Passionate about delivering high-quality software
● Excited about learning and improving
● Attentive to detail, flexible, and able to work with legacy codebases
● Proficient in the use of tools such as git and Jenkins
What you’ll get
In return for bringing your experience to 8x8 you will get an excellent package with benefits such as
● Excellent salary
● RSUs - stock based compensation (Every employee is a stockholder)
● Work from home
● Continued career development
● Your name pronounced incorrectly at every global demo
● Social events
● Yearly pay reviews
● Company Bonus (paid 2x a year)
● New packet of crayons
● Office lunch Wednesday (for when we're able to return to the office)
● Great work / life balance
● Private Healthcare, Private Pension, Life Insurance, Dental plan, Meal Tickets, Gym Membership
● Top spec hardware and accessories to work on
● An office chair of your own to work at home
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.