Our goal is to onboard billions of people into NFTs. Not only do we believe creators should make a living online, but that anyone participating in social networks deserve of share of the value created. At its core, NFTs solve this: value can flawlessly move anywhere. To get there, we are first building a new social network focused on making NFTs appealing to the end user. Long term, we want Showtime to be creator-owned, decentralized social media protocol. This will let any developer build millions of social networks on top of a global, open social graph.
Our current product (tryshowtime.com
) lets users discover and show off their digital art. Our long-term vision is to build the social media protocol of the internet, letting any developer build on top of an open social graph.
Each piece of content on Showtime is a NFT, a novel crypto primitive. It unlocks new ways to monetize, from NFT sales and royalties to creator tokens and DeFi. The key innovation brought by digital items NFTs is that creators own their content, and thus can sell them them to fans, collectors or advertisers. This is the one of the first crypto primitives we want to introduce to a mainstream audience. This industry is early, and we think that we can build the missing piece on top of the NFT standard that will reach mainstream audiences.
One crucial step is to build an incredibly beautiful mobile app, and we need an exceptional mobile engineer to carry that task.
We are a highly technical team of 5 taking on this world-changing opportunity, hiring
across all engineering roles. We think this can be the most challenging and rewarding role of your career.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience as a mobile developer (React Native or native both considered)
- Knows how to coordinate a unified codebase alongside our React app to build fast
- Background in consumer apps such as social, fintech, or marketplaces
- Strong product design sense (you will own major product decisions)
- Passionate about crypto and the opportunities it unlocks
- Ideally based in San Francisco Bay Area or in North America in a remote-first model (we would fly you out once in a while, free of charge). America timezones only.
Showtime welcomes all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation and equity will be competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time role that includes health insurance, unlimited PTO, work from home setup and travel benefits.