Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make Rockets, Satellites, Jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the Space, Medical Devices, Fusion, Semiconductor, Defense & Carbon Removal industries - a $60B market in the US alone.
We are hiring our founding team of 20 - join our growing team of 8 with deep Space, Manufacturing & Software experience to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world.
Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We just raised one of the biggest seed rounds of all time, and we're lucky to be backed by Founders Fund, Lux Capital, Construct Capital & our customers (who make rockets and satellites).
About the Software Engineering team & this role
Hadrian's software engineering team builds FactoryOS ("Flow") - the backbone of our operations, automating everything from customer paperwork, to supply chain operations, to resource scheduling, error handling, hardware data integrations, quality inspection processes & more.
We are building an Electron App that connects to many desktop apps (CAD, CAM, etc) via FFI to give Hadrian employees a unified operating system to manage their entire manufacturing workflow.
If you have 80% of those skills and have an understanding or interest in geometry or manufacturing (eg: video games, manufacturing, space) we'd love to hear from you. Electron experience is not required - we have experts on staff to ramp you up on the Electron Framework
Partner with our engineering team and product managers to build out our desktop app from the ground up!
In this role you will
- Lead the design and implementation of the core technical architecture of our next generation factories from planning to execution
- Build beautiful user interfaces for Hadrians Factory Operating system that dramatically reduces internal costs
- Partner with a senior backend engineer for Electron deployment and FFI integrations to desktop apps
- Work with dedicated UI / UX and product team to ship product, quickly
- Work with the CAD / CAM architecture team on product roadmap and API improvements
- Be coached by maintainers and leaders in the Electron Ecosystem (Hadrian's advisors)
- Work with the best aerospace manufacturers in the country to understand their workflows and design automation microservices
- Get exposure to the best VC investors in the CAD / CAM / Manufacturing Space, like Lux Capital and Construct Capital, who funded Desktop Metal, Onshape and more.
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Electron experience and/or
- Great at understanding complex user workflows and building simple UI around them for automation
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Enjoy applying optimization techniques to improve business metrics in the real world
- Grasp product impacts to users and factory operations naturally
- Can make tradeoffs between technical optimizations vs "real world" applications
- Can project manage yourself and others to completion of a complex product if needed
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Aerospace / Healthcare / FinTech / experience (we handle sensitive data)
- Internal tooling or B2B workflow experience
- Built software for complex real world environments (eg: logistics, factories, gig economy)
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
- Fame & Glory
We're building Factory #1 in LA, and for software engineering, this means we run a hybrid-remote structure.
You can choose between;
1. Relocate to LA (we'll cover expenses)
2. Work remote or in our SF office, but fly into LA for ~2/8 weeks average.
We're looking for the best, and the best usually come with some career twists and turns.
Please apply even if you don't think you're a textbook perfect fit - we care more about skills, attitude and output than the school you went to (as an example).