Who We Are
Hungryroot is your personal grocer, powered by AI and the belief that food deeply impacts your daily life. You tell us a little about yourself, and we use proprietary predictive technology to deliver groceries and recipes that best suit your individual needs and goals. We also assist with meal planning and nutritional support, helping you save time, save money, shop sustainably, and eat what makes you feel your best.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
Hungryroot is on track to earn $200M in revenue this year, profitable, and rapidly growing - this is why we need you!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is excited to play an integral role in our rapidly growing Technology team. At Hungryroot, we experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat. Most importantly, we build things people love. As a member of the Technology team, you will be responsible for the development of the company's customer-facing site, including various integrations with our vendors/partners, as well as various internal tools necessary for our operations. The ideal candidate is obsessed with delivering the best possible customer experience, values software engineering best practices, and knows how to make the right trade-off given different situations.
Why We Need You:
- Evaluate, design, and implement new features to provide the best user experience for our customers.
- Build, improve and maintain our responsive eCommerce web app.
- Independently work on features while collaborating with product managers and QA.
Perks & Benefits
- 2+ years of web programming experience working on commercial web applications.
- Good understanding of the inner workings of browsers and web protocols.
- Experience with React is a big plus.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field is a plus.
- Always motivated and resourceful. Able to take ownership of your tasks and see features through from start to finish.
- Collaborate well with teammates and be positive and constructive in communication.
- Be proactive. Think slightly ahead instead of remaining reactive to foreseeable problems.
- Strive to be transparent and candid. Do not intentionally hide mistakes or blame others, instead find ways to prevent future mistakes.
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.