Generate is a Boston-based MIT-spin off technology company with the mission to digitize one of the world’s largest and least digital industries: the 12-trillion-dollar Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) sector. We are building a software platform to transform the way buildings are designed and built.
We are looking for a front-end developer to build the first version of our UI in a way that we can maintain and extend it as we build out the rest of the product.
- The UI should be developed in the React framework.
- The UI should be developed with components so that it can be easily maintained, modified, and extended in the future.
- To ensure flexibility, the exact configuration of any UI’s should not be “hard coded” but developed in a “data driven” manner, so that the configuration is set by an external data set (such as a config file or a response from an API). A sample schema and data set will be provided for each UI where relevant but can be modified as appropriate.
This position will initially start on a contract basis with the possibility to transition to a part-time or full-time position in the future. A detailed scope of work will be provided for the first phase of UI development and will be completed based on a negotiated fixed price and time frame.
A qualified candidate should:
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience either as a freelance or full-time front-end developer.
- Have deep knowledge in React and related plugins and libraries.
- Be knowledgeable in the MERN tech stack.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Be familiar with SCRUM and agile development practices.
- Be a team player and able to work with a diverse team of experts to get the project done.