The impact of communicable disease on our communities and businesses is all too clear at the moment, and the decision-makers with the responsibility to protect us deserve better information, better tools, and better support than the current public health system provides. The Public Health Company is building next-generation public health capabilities to empower public and private institutions globally. The team leading PHC are nationally known experts in their field, assembled from diverse sectors including federal/state public health, health technology, financial markets, and pandemic preparedness.
We are seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to produce scalable software solutions for our company.
This role will be one of the first tech hires in the company, giving you an opportunity to help build the platform from the ground up. In this role you will be expected to:
- Design and implement a scalable and responsive front-end system that is intuitive, easy to use, and showcases the value of PHC to customers through a web browser or mobile app.
- Work closely with the UX designer and translate UI/UX design wireframes to code
- Work with the engineering and product teams to design APIs to the data platform and ideate on novel software solutions
- Design and develop features to enhance the user experience while striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Write technical documentation to help the internal team understand the inner workings of the front-end system
- 6+ years of professional experience as a front-end engineer
- Proven hands-on experience in designing and implementing front-end systems
- Experience in developing scalable and responsive mobile applications is a plus
- In depth knowledge and experience in Typescript, React, Node.js
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres) and web servers (e.g. Apache)
- Experience in working on cloud technologies (AWS or other)
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly
- Solutions oriented – ability to creatively solve problems on the fly
- Ability to make decisions and drive initiatives to completion
PHC is a startup company, with the attendant excitement, energy, and opportunity for growth that a startup environment entails. The team supports remote-first employment and candidates from anywhere in the US are welcome to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and includes generous stock options.
The Public Health Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.