Senior Front-End Engineer
Apply for this job
Making it easy to live well — whenever, wherever
At Zeus Living, we believe housing shouldn’t constrain how, where, and when you want to live. At the center of everything we do are our people—our customers, partners, and the Zeus team. That’s what our founders knew when they started Zeus Living in 2015, setting out to make renting a home easier. The goal then—and now—is to create a new, modern mode of housing, making it easy to live well—reliably, safely, comfortably, even stylishly—wherever, whenever.
We’ve grown and learned a great deal since we started. Today we’re a hardworking team of creators, problem-solvers, and strategists committed to our vision and values. Based in San Francisco and backed by Airbnb, Comcast, Bowery, and Initialized Capital, we’ve raised $90M in funding.
The Zeus Engineering Team
Exceptional software is integral to our vision for changing housing. We care deeply about delivering amazing user experiences to our external customers. We bring that same attitude to building the software that empowers our operations team to be the most helpful and efficient in the industry. We’re a team of self-starters who iterate quickly and take ownership of our work. Our tech stack is currently React, Rails, Postgres, and AWS.
Design and write user interfaces on a world-class, fast-paced product team. Architect our front-end code base and establish best practices and standards for a performant, maintainable, and beautiful user interface.
This role is based in Singapore and you will be working with both a Singapore-based team and a US-based team.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with world class PMs and designers to implement an exceptional user interface
- Be the voice of front-end at Zeus and take ownership of shaping the future architecture
- Write performant, maintainable, and reusable UI code
- Ship high-quality code quickly
- Articulate tradeoffs between user experience and technical difficulty
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of engineering experience, 1+ years of React experience
- Experience in implementing process and standards in an engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to build from scratch
- Fast learner
- Pragmatic and gets things done
- Strong attention to detail and sense for user experience
- Proficient in HTML / JS / CSS
- Excellent communicator
- Interest in real estate
- Ability to write server-side code
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap
- 100% medical insurance for employees and their dependents
- Parking, commuter pass, and education or certification expense coverage
- 20 days paid time off per year
- 12 weeks parental leave for all employees
- Additional voluntary CPF contribution
- Flexible office work policy
At Zeus Living, We Are:
Transparent: honest, authentic, communication, access to info, hard truths
Humble: self-aware, ask for & accept help, inclusive, collaborative, respectful, thankful
Iterative: speedy, willing to break things, growth-minded, creative, process-driven
Human-centric: above & beyond service, surprise & delight, make things right
At Zeus Living, we believe that bringing together people who have different worldviews, personal circumstances, and experiences improves our customer service, work, environment, and one another. Diverse strengths, abilities, interests, and perspectives power the flow of innovation and creativity, which is vital to our success. We encourage people from all walks of life—all backgrounds, identities, genders, ages, races, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses—to apply.