At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are a small, dynamic team focused on building cloud-managed access control systems. It’s Verkada’s second major product line and is already growing faster than its flagship cameras product. It is a startup within a startup with a fair amount of autonomy. We are comprised of a dedicated firmware team that writes software for our hardware devices, server team in charge of our distributed computing services, and the front-end team in charge of the Verkada Command experience and the Verkada Pass app experience.
Verkada is #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Who you are
- Excited by new products and startups
- You are excited about building interfaces and interactive web/mobile components
- You think about delivering best-in-class products and experiences - not features
- You can take a less-than-fully-fleshed-out product idea and drive it to completion
- You have a BS or a graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Understanding of HTTP APIs and practical debugging techniques with the Chrome debugger
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Mastery of d3 or other charting libraries for data visualization
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.