Apply for this job
This position is full-time and is remote work from home.
Bbot is a rapidly growing startup that makes contactless in-venue and online ordering technology for bars, restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality establishments.
As a senior member of the team, a successful candidate will also use their years of real-world production experience to provide guidance and mentorship to more junior front-end developers. This position is full-time and is remote work from home.
What You Will Do:
- Thrive in a “get-it-done,” results-based culture.
- Work on a functional team to deliver product roadmap items. The functional team makeup is dynamic and will include frontend developers, backend developers, PMs, and designers as needed to accomplish the assigned projects.
- Own your work and drive projects from concept to completion. Build full customer-facing features in React.
- Mentor more junior frontend developers in best practices and provide code reviews.
- Use existing stylesheets and assets to convert design team mockups to finished, production-ready features.
- Work with designers to find creative solutions to solve UX problems - we have a complex, highly configurable line of products that require out-of-the-box thinking to deliver intuitive solutions. What is intuitive to customers may differ significantly from what configurability we have built in our backend.
- Showcase a hunger to learn constantly. Bbot has products spanning the gamut of engineering disciplines and development stacks; you’ll be exposed to it all and expected to build new skills so you can stretch beyond your job description.
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices, including; reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularization, and designing cohesive interfaces.
- Maintain high stands for unit and integration tests and test cases for Bbot’s React apps.
What You Will Need:
- 4+ years of industry experience working on production React web applications. This role requires you to have some battle scars and hard-earned lumps on the head.
- A four-year degree in computer science or engineering is preferred but not always required.
- Senior-level technical competency with React, AngularJS, HTML, and CSS. Including understanding of industry best practices and web scalability concerns.
- Technical competency in Django python, SQL, and Django ORM is preferred to facilitate collaboration with backend engineers, but not always required.
-Full-time employment position is open to all applicants in the United States except CO. However, preference for qualified applicants will be given to the following states where the company already has employees and associated tax registrations in place: PA, DC, NY, MA, TX, MD, IL, IN, NC, FL, CA, WA, GA, UT, KY, ID, HI, AZ, KS, VA, ND, TN, NJ, CT
-Individuals based in CO are ineligible due to HR administrative complexities with remote work
-Candidates must have the right to work in the United States. Visas cannot be sponsored.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Bbot. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.